Spec Roadster

To: Beth Butters <bbutters@dmi.net>, "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Spec Roadster
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 06:37:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Beth Butters <bbutters@dmi.net> wrote:
>            Like with a Speedway track roadster
> body and frame 2,0l production car motor.
> Sounds like a winner to me
>
> ----------

Although it appears unlikely we could do this for
youngsters, (The insurance discussions from
yesterday) I think the Spec car concept could
work real well for beginning and budget racers.
The Speedway Roadster with Pinto power is a good
idea.  I know that you can't buy pieces of steel
and junkyard parts and build any cheaper than you
can buy that kit they offer.  I'm going the
junkyard route, and I'm sure I could be on the
track already had I started with that kit.  From
what I read in the various kit car magazines I
get, Speedway's is the most complete, budget kit
available.  I'm sure that if we started this
concept, somebody like Morrison could be talked
into making custom fit cages for that chassis.
Speedway might even be willing to offer a special
LSR priced kit.  All of the local stock car
racing associations, under national guidance,
have mini-stock classes which are still dominated
by Pinto power, and their rules make setting up
the motor very budget oriented.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........