Intro -- new member

To: <V4GR@aol.com>, <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, <dahlgren@uconect.net>,
Subject: Intro -- new member
From: "george mitchell" <americanpartnerinrussia@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 20:32:40 -0200
My name is George Mitchell and I live in Washington
DC.
 I used to live in beautiful Austin Texas where I met
Skip Higginbotham. Me ,a life long drag racer,somehow
Skip convinced me that the cool thing to do was to put
a high gear in my drag car and go to Wendover. Alas ,I
never got the chance then  but I do have the chance
now.
I am building a new car based on  on a 924 Porsche .
I have started a back half of the car with a small
tire and have all the pieces to lower it put a 9 inch
rear  in it and go racing!
Here is the issue . I have a bunch of early hemi stuff
(desoto) and I am collecting hot rod stuff for it . I
can get some chrysler  parts ( 392 ) but I want to run
the small motor and run in D/MS.Run it on gas first,
then injected alcohol, then blown injected alcohol
with some pop. Skip suggests that that I forget the
whole thing and just put a  destroked chevy in the car
and let it eat. Fabrication is not a problem on the
motor (ie intake, grind the crank for chevy jounals
,etc ). The bottom line is I know what to do with the
motor  but will it be competitve in the long run ? I
am anxious to get out there but as you can see I am
trying to go fast in kind of a different way...
 Any thoughts ???
Any Parts  ????
Thanks  a lot and I am looking forward to meeting as
many of you as possible in April on the east coast and
August on the west coast.