Re: Intro -- new member

To: americanpartnerinrussia@erols.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Intro -- new member
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 23:11:20 EST
In a message dated 02/07/2000 5:23:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
americanpartnerinrussia@erols.com writes:

<<
 My name is George Mitchell and I live in Washington
 DC.
  I used to live in beautiful Austin Texas where I met
 Skip Higginbotham. Me ,a life long drag racer,somehow
 Skip convinced me that the cool thing to do was to put
 a high gear in my drag car and go to Wendover. Alas ,I
 never got the chance then  but I do have the chance
 now.
 I am building a new car based on  on a 924 Porsche .
 I have started a back half of the car with a small
 tire and have all the pieces to lower it put a 9 inch
 rear  in it and go racing!
 Here is the issue . I have a bunch of early hemi stuff
 (desoto) and I am collecting hot rod stuff for it . I
 can get some chrysler  parts ( 392 ) but I want to run
 the small motor and run in D/MS.Run it on gas first,
 then injected alcohol, then blown injected alcohol
 with some pop. Skip suggests that that I forget the
 whole thing and just put a  destroked chevy in the car
 and let it eat. Fabrication is not a problem on the
 motor (ie intake, grind the crank for chevy jounals
 ,etc ). The bottom line is I know what to do with the
 motor  but will it be competitve in the long run ? I
 am anxious to get out there but as you can see I am
 trying to go fast in kind of a different way...
  Any thoughts ???
 Any Parts  ????
 Thanks  a lot and I am looking forward to meeting as
 many of you as possible in April on the east coast and
 August on the west coast.

George,
    Dare to be different and stay with your early hemi. The Markley Bros. &
Harry Hoffman Sr. & Jr. have been running little "C", "D", & "E" DeSoto's for
years at the salt with a lot of success.
    When the time comes I could put you in touch with Charley Markley or
Harry Hoffman Sr. in San Mateo, CA. (SF Bay Area). Hopefully they would be
willing to advise you. There's a lot of potential in the smaller MoPar
Hemi's, just a shortage of some of the speed equipment, namely induction
systems. Try Dale Wilch Sales in Kansas City, KS.
                                    Ardun Doug in CA