Re: Chevy / Ford

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, yesford@clear.net.nz, ardunbill@webtv.net,
Subject: Re: Chevy / Ford
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:44:59 EST
List; These are the "Boss 351" Cleveland heads that have very large intakes
and somewhat restricted exhaust ports. The fix is to mill off about half an
inch or so from the exhaust port side of the head and bolt on a port plate
raising and straightening the exhaust passage. Jr. Fuel requires iron heads
so Al couldn't just buy the latest Brodex part. While we were at it I milled
off the exhaust side of a Pontiac 400 head and an Oldsmobile both of which
could be allowed to exhaust a lot better with raised ports.  Rich Fox