Re: Coffee table book

To: crothfuss@coastalnet.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coffee table book
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:24:18 EST
      Chuck ,    That is a  GREAT   pictorial  book ------ as you ' ve seen ,
 it shows the down and dirty ,  low - buck  side of  hot rodding  ---------
unlike all those posed
magazine covers where the car / garage /  ALL  tools  &  equipment  are
IMMACULATE  ,  and  all  the " rodders "  shown  are  dressed  as if they' re
headed out on a first date ,  hair perfectly combed ---------  and of course
all the
young ladies watching these oh so neat heroes are all at least a 9 or a 10 on
the
beauty scale  .   Driveways and shop floors are likewise shown in a state of
total
readiness for an  IG  inspection ,  and all tools neatly arranged thereon are
as
clean as a surgeon' s just before he operates  .    Totally  unrealistic
       This book features excellent photography and sure does capture the
unique
aura that many of us find around hot rods and their haunts  .
      Several months after I bought the very last one in the book store ,  an
old
friend came by my house with a big grin and the old line , " wait ' till you
see what
I  found for you  !  "   and it was the same book .........  so  I  lucked
out on this one.
    Chuck , if yours is right handy on the coffee table ,  maybe you could
inform the
list of publisher and the  ISBN  number  ------  mine are in my " presently
cold "
archives  .      An  excellent addition to any hot rodding collection  !
                 Bruce  F .