Coffee table book

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Coffee table book
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 21:57:54 -0500
List,

  I was digging through my piles of automotive stuff this evening and
happened to find a book I thought ya'll might be interested in.  It's called
Hot Rod, with photographs by David Perry and story (only 4 pages Keith, the
rest is ALL pictures!) by Barry Gifford. (Chronicle Books ISBN
0-8118-1593-5)  The three chapters are Chop Shop, Greasers & Dollies, and
the largest chapter, Bonneville & El Mirage.  All 80 photographs are in B&W,
(which seems to make any shot timeless) and capture the spirit of the sport
pretty well.  Many shots of cars and people that you may recognize.

  I found only one copy at a Books-a-Million store here in the East, but
there may be better sources.  When it's snowin' outside it sure is nice to
be able to at least look at pictures of warmer places and dream of being there.

Chuck Rothfuss
ECTA #9
Down East