Re: electronic monitoring

To: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@netscape.net>,
Subject: Re: electronic monitoring
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:36:09 -0600
I don't have a Race Pac computer... I just have a set of Gages that give me
the ability to download and Print a Runs RPM and Time.... kinda neat
chart....
and I have a EGT gage that monitors two cylinders and Records the Hottest
temps during a run.  Both from AutoMeter and I am real pleased with them

I also have an Air Ride suspension that can tell you a bit about Downforce
on the car.... One of my Projects that I haven't gotten to this winter was
to figure out a way to capture the High Pressures on the front and rear air
bag gages.

Imagine the downforce on the rear at speed increasing the airpressure on the
Bag and changes in Spolier.  If I increase the spoiler angle I should be
able to tell you how much more downforce it creates... the problem with
simply sticking a compression gage in there are the bumps in the course also
cause it to spike and I would want an average not a spike.  One of my
thoughts was an open chamber accumulator that fed the compression Gage...
Who knows... just a thought..

Keith