Re: converting to lsr

To: "Phillip Landry" <saltracer@netscape.net>,
Subject: Re: converting to lsr
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:34:46 -0500
    This can probably be done but you need to read the rule book very
carefully.
    The typical body on an NHRA Altered is usually different than what is
allowed in LSR, i.e.. no cutouts for rear tires. The bodies can be changed
to fit the 'exact replica' requirement however.
    I would recommend that you put a suspension in 'any' LSR vehicle
regardless of where you run it. Joe Timney can probably help with this
conversion joetimney@dol.net
    And then there is the Roll Cage. If it isn't at least 1 5/8-inch x .095
chromemoly it won't pass tech unless your running "G" (122 cid) or under.
Joe can probably weld you a new one if necessary.

    John Beckett, LSR #79