2-hour TV special on land speed

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2-hour TV special on land speed
From: "LandSpeed Louise" <lanspeed@west.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:43:06 -0800
Howdy Speed Deeders . . .

Mark your calendars on March 13th and keep your eyes peeled on The Learning
Channel (TLC) for a show entitled  'Extreme Landspeed: The Ultimate Race.'
It will air in 2, one-hour parts and focuses on Bonneville racing with
interviews from Don Vesco, Al Teague and Pat Rummerfield. Don't grumble
about the title - it came from TLC, not the producers, Pioneer Productions.

Get your VCR's tuned up boys and girls, all reports back from the
pre-screenings have been rave reviews. I reserve comment until the grease
and go-fast crowd checks in, but the work from these folks has been very
good in the past and I see no reason to not expect some great entertainment
in an educational forum about the sport.

Please print this message out and distribute to your clubs, pals, and other
interested motor heads.

I would be VERY GRATEFUL for ANY feedback, positive and negative, once the
show is aired. ALL comments will be transmitted back to the producers.

I am fortunate to have been involved with this production, in part due to my
deep-rooted passion for things fast oozing out from every pore in my body,
mind and
soul. Bonneville is magic, will remain magic and makes magical things
manifest for
any who take the time to travel to its glistening white plain. I am
delighted that Pioneer Productions, TLC and other cinematographers have seen
some of the magic and are helping to share salt fever with the world.

Speedy Regards,

LandSpeed Louise Ann Noeth
Storyteller

LandSpeed Productions
Words / Pictures / Graphics / PR
"Against the ruin of the world,
there is only one defense -- the creative act!"

PS If anyone comes across another copy of "Hot Rod, with photographs by
David Perry and story by Barry Gifford. (Chronicle Books ISBN
0-8118-1593-5) I would be very interested in purchasing a copy for my
reference library. Books on this sport are very difficult to come by and
therefore makes my writing less comprehensive, any help here will be
heartily appreciated.