Re: Thanks for Opel GT Input

To: "Richard Kensicki" <richk@sparta-junction.com>
Subject: Re: Thanks for Opel GT Input
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 05:15:56 -0800
Richard,

The answer to your question re: the Benham & Carr Berkley on the 2000
rulebook cover is easy. The M/S class is currently/probably the class most
open for innovation. A small base vehicle which was sold as a sports car,
130" wb, any frame, and liberal aero make for some strange bed fellows.
Engine size aside, as long as an entrant can provide documentation as to the
availability of the base car and the stock dimensions so that impound can
verify the legality of the car, that would make Leonard Carr's car (no pun
intended) one of the best choices for class. As in the past the uproar that
this vehicle has destroyed the class "everyone has to have one" is in the
wind. When Ron Benham first brought out his Monza then the Crosley that Earl
Wooden currently runs the cry was the same. As you can see other racers have
found ways to compete and set records in various classes against these cars
without using the body dujour.

What are your questions regarding the legality of the Berkley? Maybe I can
help.

Dan W