Re: Thanks for Opel GT Input

To: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>,
Subject: Re: Thanks for Opel GT Input
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:37:19 -0600
Yep Dan..... John Rains didn't ruin D/B/Galt.... he simply moved the record
out of my pocket book.... I don't have to have his car to go that fast... I
got to have his MOTOR.... and sans that.... Might as well build a MS... and
Have at  it... I am not building a Berkley... I am going to build a
Bugeye... little bigger but not enough that a little HP won't make up for
it....

Look at Doug Odom.... his Bugeye just got in the Two Club....K

----------
> From: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
> To: Richard Kensicki <richk@sparta-junction.com>
> Cc: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Thanks for Opel GT Input
> Date: Monday, February 14, 2000 7:15 AM
>
> Richard,
>
> The answer to your question re: the Benham & Carr Berkley on the 2000
> rulebook cover is easy. The M/S class is currently/probably the class
most
> open for innovation. A small base vehicle which was sold as a sports car,
> 130" wb, any frame, and liberal aero make for some strange bed fellows.
> Engine size aside, as long as an entrant can provide documentation as to
the
> availability of the base car and the stock dimensions so that impound can
> verify the legality of the car, that would make Leonard Carr's car (no
pun
> intended) one of the best choices for class. As in the past the uproar
that
> this vehicle has destroyed the class "everyone has to have one" is in the
> wind. When Ron Benham first brought out his Monza then the Crosley that
Earl