Engine Displacement

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, Land Speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Displacement
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 08:32:30 -0800 (PST)
Keith,
You said: "305.11 cubic inch is
there any margin for error here?  The only other
option I can think of is to cheat one of the
cylinders and spend bout 200 dolllars on a sleeve
and separate piston....

If it was me, and I was putting a lot of money
into a new motor with a serious eye on a record,
I don't think I'd want to go in at .11 over.
You're just opening yourself up for all kinds of
protests, etc.  Somebody may interpret things
differently in impound. What if you can't find
dry ice when you need it? What if your dry ice
melts because it took too long to get through
staging?  What if the dry ice brings it down, but
still not enough?  Too damned many hair-line
decisive factors here to risk a rightious record!
  I'd spend the couple of bucks to be sure I was
at 304.99 rather than 305.11, and go to a sleeve
in one cylinder.  I know it's not the best set-up
in the world for a motor, but it sure is a lot
safer!!  I saw a guy get first place at Daytona
taken away from him because of ONE CC!  Why risk
it??

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........