Re: Little Hemi

To: lsr_man@yahoo.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com, dwarner@electrorent.com
Subject: Re: Little Hemi
From: V4GR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:08:01 EST
Been there done that. Ran a 259 cid 54 Dodge for two years at the drags in
64-65. bored to 55 Plymouth size or you could use the Plymouth block and
Dodge heads. Never had any block trouble.   Also at Bonneville and El Mirage
my block has been measured with dial calipers and usually comes out a little
smaller than I know it to be. Not the kind of thing I would want to depend
on. I heard that Howard Johanson used to bore the rear cylinders larger since
he knew the tech guys would not lean over enough to get under the cowl to
reach the rear ones.  Don't think I would count on that either.  Rich Fox