George Potter

To: "Glen Barrett" <speedtimer@earthlink.net>, <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>
Subject: George Potter
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 06:44:46 -0600
Had a Nice Chat with George today.... He said to say hey to everyone.... He
was telling me bout Doug Odom coming up to him at the Two club Party and
saying that the Sonnet inspired him to build his Bugeye....

We also chatted about the accident.... What I didn't hear before was that he
was backing up a qualifing pass of 257mph .... and that the car was going
better then that when it got sideways and dug in and started it's antics....
He said EVERY thing on the car was Junk....

He is very interested in getting a Tape of the crash if anyone has one....
and I mentioned that Glen has a Set of Pictures....

What fascinated me bout George was that he spun the car at Maxton at 200mph
and didn't have a Problem but on the salt the car dug in and Flipped.

He wanted to Wish the Maxton folks well.... and When I mentioned that I was
putting a couple of things together for the ECTA 2 Club... he told me he was
the FIRST member.... and the ONLY 4 club member ever..... Tom... You
listening?

Cool Beans... eh.... keith