Re: ??? (Slow Fridays)

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ??? (Slow Fridays)
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:30:47 -0500
Skip, Dave, List,

  I've been a list junkie for a few years now, and Friday nights are always
slow on all my lists.  Gives me a chance to get done reading my mail early
and get some much needed sleep on Friday evenings. (Guess I was tired last
night.  I forgot to change the address before I sent this the first time.)

  I discovered a new source of mandrel bent aluminized exhaust tubing this
afternoon and had to take a few minutes to capitalize on it.  Got some
really sweet pieces off one of the new Cadillac Suburbans (Escalade).  Might
even fit the aluminum tip, that kinda resembles a vacuum cleaner attachment,
to the tow vehicle.  With all the new exhaust systems that are replaced
under warranty for rattles and such there is always a good source of tubing
behind your local new car dealer.  GM has got most of their exhaust systems
right, with either nice smooth mandrel bends or flattened bends and straight
sections (A'la Corvette) that don't lose any of their internal diameter when
going around bends or through tight spaces.  The price is right too!  Got
some nice stand-off heat shields that might be useful on sections of my
blazing hot (up to 1800 degrees) rotary exhaust.  I'll cut out all the
interesting curves and trash the rest, since my storage space is limited,
but this sure beats buying the stuff mail order.

Chuck "Have chain cutter, will travel" Rothfuss
Clear & sunny Saturday morning
ECTA #9
Pole Cat Hollow, NC