Hero's and World Records

To: "'Wester S Potter'" <wspotter@jps.net>,
Subject: Hero's and World Records
From: "Ron Christensen" <ron.christensen@wsapr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 13:31:55 -0700
I have been reading a lot of the list's comments about heros and world
records and I think there are a couple of things that need to be clarified.
Is not an International Record one that was accomplished under FIA or FIM
rules and under their official sanction?  And, are not the records
established at Bonneville during SCTA/BNI of USFRA meets considered National
Records?  If that is the case then what constitutes a "World Record"?  I
always considered a World Record to be the same as an International Record.
Any comments?