Re: Driveshaft

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Driveshaft
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:31:43
Was with Brad Johnson when he picked Keith on the shut road after the drive
shaft episode at MAxton. He saw Elvis at 1000 ft. Not only did it do what
he said below, but it spilled his Diet Coke all over the inside of the car.
We weren't sure which was the greater disaster....

mayf
At 05:57 AM 2/24/00 -0600, Keith Turk wrote:
>Having lost a Driveshaft at Speed... I can tell you that the Pro Shop Doug
>talks about is Truely important....
>
>I was running a Stock Drive shaft with the D Motor Last year and when it
>decided to part company It took several Parts with it to include a Richmond
>T-10 and Yolk for the 9"
>
>I bought a Nascar Driveshaft and from now on won't run anything less....
>Trust Me.... This stuff oughta scare you if it doesn't..... when the trans
>broke in half The shifter Smacked my Leg pretty good ..... The Drive shaft
>Hoop did it's job and luckly for us the Shaft went out with out taking a
>tire or Catapulting the car.
>
>Keith

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
ph: 1-256-837-1051

http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

lemay@hiwaay.net

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)