Re: Considering V1 Rocket Power ?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Considering V1 Rocket Power ?
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 16:29:14 EST
In a message dated 02/24/2000 9:38:38 AM Pacific Standard Time, V4GR@aol.com
writes:

<<
 What we need to do is get Ardun Doug to take a pass and scour junk yards on
 the French coast for eight V1 motors with 3-3/8 bores. Than we can start
 mounting them on a Merc block. What about it Doug?  R. Fox

Rich,
    Since my retirement in 1989 I've been on transport aircraft twice (both
times kicking and screaming), and once in a light aircraft to help a friend
working on his private license and having anxiety attacks on his
"solo-cross-country" trips.
    I guess I got used to semi-first-class treatment when I was working such
as a jitney to take me to work, a window seat, no departure until my fanny
was at that window seat, a limo to take us to the hotel at the other end of
the line, first class meals, etc.
    Nowadays when the flight attendants find out that you're traveling on a
retirement pass they really treat you badly, since you're the only one they
can take out their frustrations with the company on and get away with it.
    "Jet-Car-John" Paxton lives in the SF Bay Area and might be of some help.
I think he ran a 4.2 sec ET at over 300 MPH in the old days and still has the
rocket powered car. BTW, he used to drive the Bill Ward MS Opel powered by a
SBC.
                                                    Ardun Doug in CA