Re: Power graphing what started me thinking

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: Power graphing what started me thinking
From: tschoen <j82244@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:56:57 -0500
The honda VTEC motors sort of get around this problem by running what is
effectly two cams in one motor-a low speed low duration lobe and a high speed
high duration lobe. A hydraulic switch activates the changeover at a
predetermined RPM level-usually around 4500. Apparently works pretty good , the
2000 roadster gets 240 HP at 8300 RPM from 2000 cc's and still idles fine.
                                               Tim Schoeny