Re: Two Stroke Performance

To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>, Carl Dreher <focusrsh@arn.net>
Subject: Re: Two Stroke Performance
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 06:33:10 -0800 (PST)
I'm just catching up on my E-Mail, so somebody
may have already mentioned this, but don't forget
the Kawasaki Mach III series which included 350
-500 & 750cc bikes.  The 500 was a hot, very
fast, but hard to handle bike.  Back in it's
heyday, the first time it appeared at (and won)
the Daytona race, fans thought Yevonne DuHamel
was showing off doing wheelies out of the turns,
but the truth was, when the bike came on the
pipe, the power jump was so horrific that it did
uncontrolable wheelies.  If I remember right, the
power jump was something like from 23hp, jumpint
to 110hp in about a 200 RPM band (on the race
bike version).  If you were on wide open when you
hit that pipe conversion, you were in for a
helluva thrill!  And all it took was a little
porting to change a street bike into the same
power output as a race bike, and it wasn't long
before proting patters were all over the place!

Dick J

Do You Yahoo!?