Re: Spoiler/Wing

To: "Don Kerr" <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spoiler/Wing
From: "Mike Jenkins" <MikeJ@speedrecordclub.softnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 20:03:25 -0000
Don,

I don't know ao any form of motorsport where moveable aerodynamic aids
(wings etc.) are allowed - the nearest you'd get would be some kind of
active suspension like F1 used to use before they banned it. Thrust SSC used
an active system on the rear wheels only to keep the car at an attitude
where it wouldn't fly. It might be possible to do something on the cheap
because there is an self-leveling autopilot system available in the UK for
model aircraft which costs around £60.00 (about $100). You could possibly
use this as the sensor & control system for a car.

Mike Jenkins