Maximum effort-tubos and power brakes

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maximum effort-tubos and power brakes
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 08:11:30 -0600
Maximum effort off the start line has different results with different cars.
I ran the same blown ARDUN and blown flathead in the black streamliner and
in my roadster.  In both cases we were still accelerating at the 5-mile in
the streamliner but reached top speed by mile 1 in the roadster. I can start
any way I want in the roadster but we got the streamliner moving as quickly
as we could off the line to get the best speed.  It was a relatively heavy
car and that might make a big difference compared to a light car.

Dave in Lincoln