Re: Help! PLEASE DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING!!!!!!!! (Long'ish.)

To: BGAHC@aol.com, chris@ucbrothers.com, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Help! PLEASE DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING!!!!!!!! (Long'ish.)
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:33:54 -0600
Please read the lower post to get up to speed on this topic.......
Hi folks......This is my story. All parties herein are accurately named
and identified and all other statements are truthful and
accurate...........................
   Last April 1998, I was away from my shop to lunch.On returning
something was not right, it came to me shortly that a Red Porsche 911
1966 I was working on was not were I'd left it. The owner, a Mr Nick
Morris of Norman, OK, said he'd not got it and had no leads for me, and
no, he'd not sent for it to be collected.
I called the Police and reported it stolen, and the made notes and
filled out the reports.
I later remember a call I'd received from a bank officer who claimed the
car under his Lien.
I told them then, that they could not have the car as it was subject to
a Bailment Agreement between myself and the owner to repair and store
the car. Until Mr Morris came and paid me, the Bailment is still active.
At that time Mr John Marshall, of MID FIRST BANK, was crude and
objectionable, using foul language and calling my parental lineage in to
question. I looked up the reference and found they were MID FIRST BANK
of Oklahoma City.Tel:1 405 840 7600. Mr John Marshall was the account
officer, who said that "Yes, they have the car, so?"
I told him that they had illegally entered my shop grounds and removed a
car without my permission and also tools of mine contained therein,
along with storage charges and work done amounting to some $4500.
I contacted an attorney, who was told by the bank, to sue for it.(This
is a brief synopsis)......We are awaiting the attorney to enter the suit
at present, having exhausted all other options.
.......The moral is........If you are working on someone's car you had
better keep it secured when you are not there, as it seems that once
they have the car, that to get redress is very costly and time
consuming.The thing is , the Police don't seem to be able to even
prosecute for my tools!!!!!!!
BTW......The car was locked and at the rear of my property among other
vehicles I had there, and they came through other property to get to it
with the wrecker.I am a legitimate repair shop here in Purcell OK so
this was on commercial property too. BEWARE, they can do you too like
this.......DK.  Really steamed.