Muroc update

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Muroc update
From: "Beverly C. Stanley" <beverlycst@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 14:18:53 -0800
Just wanted to pass on some information regarding Muroc

Attended the SCTA Club Representatives meeting last night and Mike
Manghelli has had to give up chairmanship on the Muroc committee because
of a family emergency - Mike Cook has agreed to head up the Muroc
committee and appears to have attacked it with a vengeance.
Already Mike has lined up several large vendors for the event.
We are still waiting for the general to sign the paper work so we cannot
do any official advertising yet - everything must remain word of mouth /
keyboard until we get that signature - however you can send in your
entry if you want - get a blank piece of paper and write
1) entry name & number & class
2)mail to: name and address
3) enclose a check for $125.00

you will receive back (when we are allowed to print them)
a post card with your entry name & number confirmed and your line up
position
you will give the post card (you must bring that post card) to the gate
person to get your gate passes.

We are actively seeking sponsors for trophies, the goal being to award a
trophy to every person who competes at this event - $50 for each
sponsorship -
The sponsor gets his name and/or business name on the trophy and a
certificate of appreciation suitable for framing.

trophies will be awarded at the event on Sunday afternoon - within an
hour of the completion of the last run.

we are seeking a sponsor for participant hats.

Any club / sponsor business or sponsor person can put their name / logo
on the event t-shirt for $300.00

line up position will be determined by a drawing - with no preferntial
treatment to SCTA points holders - the day after pre-entry cutoff. Post
entries will receive line up position based on the same drawing! - the
extra (blank) position cards will receive a drawn number up to 200 and
will be held in that sequence at the registration trailer - and there
will be no 200 mph lane. Line up position and the condition of the
course when you get to it will be totally based on the luck of the draw.

Vendors - clubs - can sell anything they want to sell (within bounds of
common decency, of course - this is still a family event) - call Mike
Cook to negotiate the fee - clubs will only have to pay $75
- regular retail vendors will be charged $200
- one blanket swappers will be charged considerably less - but must
negotiate the deal with Cook first.

I'm sure I left stuff off, but tried to take as many notes as possible.

Bev