Muroc update

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Muroc update
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@amoproductions.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:35:17 -0700
List,

Mike Mangelli has fowarded this information about latest update about
Muroc,

The Muroc committee has negotiated an acceptable agreement with the
Services group at the base.  The SCTA will pay Services $8,000 for the
Muroc event.  The Public Affairs office will not allow us to advertise
the event publicly until all of the papers are signed.  This should take
about 4 weeks.  So the official word is, Muroc should happen.  The
unofficial word is, get your race cars ready!  The dates for the event
are as advertised 24&25 June.

Some of the details recommended by the committee and still to approved
by the board:

1.    Pre-Entry fee $125.00 with 4 gate passes ($32.00 value)  Post fee
$125.00 and no gate passes.

2.    Military with ID get in free!  Everyone else will pay (unless you
pre-enter and get those free passes), $8.00 for both days $5.00 for one
day.

3.    We are getting sponsors for trophies!

4.    SCTA is in charge of vendors.  We will allow selling of just about
anything!

That is about all for now, I will keep everyone informed as we continue.

Thanks
Mike Manghelli
SCTA President