Re: Fw: A/GT Class rule on fuel tank

To: "Tim Schoeny" <j82244@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: A/GT Class rule on fuel tank
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 05:13:30 -0800
I believe the reasoning behind leaving stock and empty gas tanks in certain
classes is to maintain the differences between a "street" car and a "race"
car. In a street class leaving the tank in place maintains the original
undercarriage configuration. The street car should be more challenged aero
wise underneath than the pure race car. If the argument is that all cars are
race cars, then combining of classes would seem a logical solution. Where
then would we have over 380 classes, with more being requested, for entrants
to run? Removing a stock gas tank from a street class, i.e. Production and
GT classes does NOT automatically move you to another legal class. You have
just put yourself into a time only situation where no record can be set.

Dan W