Re: Street Roadster

To: "Dick J" <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Street Roadster
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:19:54 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>

> 1. Does the radiator that fills the shell have to
> actually be functional?  Could I just cut a core
> to fill the space so that it looks stock from the
> front outside? Would an AC condenser fit the bill
> as long as it fills all the space in the grill
> shell?

I believe the intent is to have a minimum size for the opening and that it
be filled with radiator. The intent is to aerodynamically hanicap all Street
Roadsters equally. No reducing the size of the opening or blocking it off.

> or
> 2.  Does "Removed completely" mean that I don't
> have to run a radiator at all in Street Roadster,
> just so long as I have an appropriate street
> grill shell in place?

What they are talking about here is the decorative insert that fits in front
of the radiator. People were effectively blocking off the opening with
"custom inserts".