Street Roadster

To: Marge and/or Dave Thomssen <mdthom@radiks.net>,
Subject: Street Roadster
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:20:01 -0800 (PST)
Hello Dave,
Plodding along here working on ten different
parts of the car at once, but I've come up with
another question area.  When you change from
Street Roadster to Gas Modified Roadster, do you
leave the radiator in place, or do you remove it.
 If it stays in place, I'll have to find a pretty
small unit in order to fit inside the profile of
my Speedway nose.

For Street Roadster, the rules say:
...... Radiator shells/grille shells must be of
the same manufacturer as the body (e.g., Ford to
Ford, etc.) or not less than 530 square inches,
and may be sectioned or bobbed, but the width may
not be altered. The radiator must fill the shell
opening. The grille shell insert must remain open
as in the original configuration and be stock
style or removed completely. NO custom inserts
are allowed.

1. Does the radiator that fills the shell have to
actually be functional?  Could I just cut a core
to fill the space so that it looks stock from the
front outside? Would an AC condenser fit the bill
as long as it fills all the space in the grill
shell?

or
2.  Does "Removed completely" mean that I don't
have to run a radiator at all in Street Roadster,
just so long as I have an appropriate street
grill shell in place?

Thanks for your help.

=====
......(In East Texas)........