C Motor

To: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: C Motor
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:30:07 -0600
Well We cranked up the C motor tonight.. Sounds fine but the Headers started
Glowing... and to be honest I think we were just to Tired to come up with
the correct answer as to what our Problem is....

We double Checked the timing... but I am still not 100% on it.... and the
Carb seams to be just fine.... but Maybe not... didn't see it dumping any
raw fuel with the Fuel Pump on....

So tomarrow I am going to Re-adjust the Valves and reset the Timing... I did
call Doug Odom... and he recommended covering the Carb with a Hand and
seeing if that Brought the Temps Down.... and it Does...so that is
encouraging...

The Motor is Really Crisp.... so Basically it's something Simple.... Who
Knows...  Hey anyone want to Hazard a Guess?

Keith