Maxton report

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Maxton report
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 20:35:58 -0400
List,

   Just got home from Maxton and can report that fastest time of the meet
was set by a very determined bike pilot at 202 on Saturday.  Keith Turk had
run the fastest time the Camaro had run to date on Saturday.  In one pass on
Sunday morning partner Brad bumped that to 183 and change.  Keith reported
as he loaded the car on trailer that the car had just run out of gear or
they'd be going after the fast time for a car at the event. (You can bet
he'll be back!!)  With a stiff tail wind fast time for a car was set by a
B/FALT Mustang at 189.89 something. (very close to 190 MPH)  Sorry, but
these folks were so busy I never did get to really meet them.  Great
sounding car.

   Hope everyone else will be making it in soon and can fill in the blanks
left by my sorry excuse for a memory.

Chuck "At least I found my way home...this time" Rothfuss
ECTA #9
Pole Cat Hollow, NC