Re: Maxton report

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Maxton report
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 09:02:32 -0700 (PDT)
Well, sounds like it was a great weekend at
Maxton.  Sorry I missed it, but I did make some
progress on my roadster.  Not as much as I had
hoped, but then, does anybody ever do that when
working on their car?  I now have steering to the
extent that both front wheels turn in the same
direction - the same amount - at the same time.
The hitch is, the only way to turn them is to jog
along side and kick either the front of the tire
or the rear of the tire while the car is moving
(won't work at Maxton).  Got a drag link coming
from Speedway, and I should be able to use the
more conventional "steering wheel method" in the
near future.  Also, my transmission adapter (also
from Speedway) should be here this week; and,
I'll be fabricating the roll cage this weekend
with the help of Phil Landry and the bayou racing
guys down in southern Louisiana, so progress
should take a giant leap in the next couple of
weeks. I'm still shooting for the July meet.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........
.....Shelby  427 Cobra.......