Re: Oiling answers

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Oiling answers
From: Richard Kensicki <richk@sparta-junction.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 20:37:01 -0400
Keith;
    More food for thought:   One of the engine builder references I have made
these comments:
    People put too much oil in the pan, there's 3-5 Hp being lost there
    There's too much junk in the oil pan, baffles just deflect the oil back into
the crank
    Run a light weight oil for tight clearances,  heavy oil for loose
clearances.

    This is a oval engine builder and their engines are usually dry sumped and
the oil preheated.

Rich