Re: Hot Rod Mag

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Rod Mag
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:13:51 -0500
Hey I even Left the C/Gas altered Record for him.... wonder if he can Break
it?  I think it's in the 160's range.

We are trying to sort out the gear for the next meet with Will....

we ran a 25.5 tire with a 3:00 gear last time.  Judging from the Rpm Print
out's I think we ran out of Camshaft.  The Car Pulled Like Jack the Bear to
about 7300 rpm... so we are thinking the 2:86 gear might be a Popular
Option.

Now For Brad's Big speed I am thinking the 2:75 gear and a Bit of Nitrous.
by Fixing the Oiling Problem and Belt Driving a new Cam.... Might be able
to Splat this old Junk yard Motor into the Two Club at Maxton... Now that
would be Neat..... from 136mph our first meet to 200.... in a couple of
Years... That's damn Near like Hot Rodding.

Keith
----------
> From: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Hot Rod Mag
> Date: Tuesday, April 11, 2000 7:47 AM
>
> Cool, Will has driven at the Lakes and Bonneville, so the next challenge
is
> to drive the Concrete. East vs. West...bet LSR never had that before. Any
> west coast vehicles interested in joining in the fun??? The ECTA spring
meet
> is May 6 & 7.
>
> Maybe I need to renew my subscription to Hot Rod?
>
> John Beckett, LSR #79

Will
> > Hanzel is going to drive the Camaro at the Next Meet and do a ECTA Vs
SCTA
> > or East Vs West article on Land speed racing in Hot Rod.... neat
Deal...