Re: [Re: mail]

To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>, DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>,
Subject: Re: [Re: mail]
From: Phillip Landry <saltracer@netscape.net>
Date: 19 Apr 00 04:41:48 PDT
Hi everyone,
I recieved a cam delivered by the US post office last year. There is a picture
of the new "two piece" cam at the URL listed below.The cam was sent by Lakes
Dave from the east coast and was a old cam he had been holding onto for a
while.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=53220&a=674373
Phil

Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net> wrote:
Mail Hah! Snail is more like it.
I sent a PRIORITY MAIL package, a wood stool, nicely boxed, bulky but not
heavy, from SLC to the Wilshire Post Office in Los Angeles, 700 miles by
car.  Two weeks later I received a panic call from my daughter saying they
had apparently tried to deliver the box that  day, there was no one at home
so they took it back to the Wilshire Post Office ( they could have left it
inside the building front door by the four mail boxes).  She went to the
Post Office to be told that it was still on the truck and she should come
back the next day.  She went back the next day and they couldn't find it.  I
called customer service in SLC after visiting the post office where I mailed
the box.  The supervisor there called LA, waited until they physically had
the box, called me and I called my daughter.  She went down to the Post
Office and they couldn't find the box ... she told them to call the
supervisor in SLC, gave her name, they walked into the back and immediately
returned with the damaged box.
We found at Nordstrom that the best way to ship was either UPS or Fed Ex
depending on where the box was going and whether you wanted to be assured of
delivery on the other end, Fed Ex requires a signature, UPS will just leave
the box.
Wes