Re: GM motor warranty question

To: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: GM motor warranty question
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 20:13:55 -0700
Joe, I checked with my son-in-law, (parts manager in a GM dealership).
Here's the deal. You should not be having any trouble getting your car
fixed. This is a parts warranty that the dealer should get paid for by
GM Good wrench. Both parts and labor. Not as much as customer pay but he
does not have to eat it. So there is no reason to give you a hard time.
You can go to any GM dealer in the country with your paper work showing
that you paid for the work done and it's still under warranty. Your
problem is not oil consumption but oil fouling of a spark plug. This
makes the car a emission polluter. If you still have a problem, you can
call the GM customer service 800 number and let them know about it. You
have a nation wide warranty.
                        Doug Odom in sunny Cal.