GM motor warranty question

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM motor warranty question
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 23:32:57 -0600
Anyone familiar with GM Goodwrench rebuilt motor warranty?  Our 94 Olds
Bravada lost the motor on the way to Bonneville last year.  After
Bonneville we got home and purchased a GM Goodwrench factory rebuilt 4.3
liter V-6 from our dealer and also had them install it.  Since then it
has run rough and missed.  This week we take it in and the dealer says
yes #2 is missing badly, and the plug looks like it is oil fouled.  They
claim to have "cleaned the plug" and advise driving the vehicle, and
bringing back to them (any time oil needs to be added) to verify an oil
consumption problem.
    I was very unhappy to recieve a vehicle back running rough and
constantly missing on #2, I immediately repaced #2 and drove it for 10
miles, pulled the plug and found oil on the plug (ceramic and side
electrode and bottom).  Upon returning to dealer, I am told "we will
back up the motor, but you must continue to drive it so I can verify an
oil consumption problem", I reason that I should not be forced to drive
a motor that is not mechanically sound, that is not running properly, as
verified by them.  Do any of you know how to deal with dealers/GM on
such a matter.  It seems silly to be paying on a loan for a motor that
is warrantied, and be expected to drive it when it does not run on all 6
cylinders properly, or have to endure further wear and tear on the motor
(and accompanying parts ie oil through catalytic converter) to appease
some psuedo all encompassing oil consumption rate rule.    Any help
appreciated        Joe :) :)