Headers

To: V4GR@aol.com
Subject: Headers
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:19:07 -0700
Sorta what you are talking about Keith;
While passing time with the local Guru on headers, I described my power curve
and asked his advice on collector length ( I have been changing mine using
slip-fit 3 1/2" tubes - home made but you can buy the less than $50 from
Hooker). 16" is where I am now. His opinion was that 10% more HP could be
extracted from my motor by using NASCAR style cross-overs with exhust exit under
the door (approx) like the roundy-round types. I'm not sure I agree with him but
he has spent MANY years bending pipes for successful racers. Opinions would be
welcome here.
Ed