Re: Hot Rod DeLuxe Magazine

To: joe boogie <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Rod DeLuxe Magazine
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 06:14:28 -0700 (PDT)
Well, the roadster's coming along slowly, but at
least it's coming along.  What with Easter
holidays, grandma visiting and daughter getting
ready to get out of school for the summer,
coupled with fixing the roof, I seem to run out
of time to work on it.  I do have all of the roll
cage bars bent and cut, and over half of them
notched and tacked in place.  I've also got my
transmission adapter now and will bolt the chevy
four speed up to the old flatty this weekend. I
did have a goal of putting the car on the Maxton
Mile in July, but needless to say, I'm
re-evaluating that goal.  I now hope to have it
on the mile before the last race of the year.
How 'bout you.  Why don't you take that coupe of
yours down to Maxton and see what it will do?
Just being there is like a breath of fresh air.
Maxton makes me remeber my first drags back in
the late fifties when guys rolled in to that old
army air strip, popped off hubcaps, opened up
lakes pipes, pulled of the air cleaners and went
for it.  Oh, that's not to say there aren't some
pretty sohpisticated, pure race cars at Maxton,
but it's the location of the pits along the taxi
way, the attitudes of everybody being willing to
help instead of safe guarding their "secrets" ,
and the hell-bent for the last 100th of a mile
per hour instead of locking into a bracket that
makes it so great.  Shoot!  Just the sights and
sounds would make it worth the trip.  This guy
from Hot Rod Magazine better do it justice,
'cause it's one of the last frontiers of "real
hot rodding" - the kind that their magazine was
born from.

Dick J

--- joe boogie <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>