New Folks and Cars

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Folks and Cars
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 07:49:23 -0500
Had a real treat this weekend.... fella Named Chuck and his Next door
neighbor brought a car down to Maxton for the first time...

Chuck is an older fella that had always wanted to go racing so he built
himself a D gas Altered and Hauled it out to the Salt... and got Rained out.

So he came down to Maxton... got the thing through tech and was down on the
starting line and had never really sat in the car with all of his equipment
on.... I was down there with Will and kinda stopped what we were doing to
help him get in the car and sort out how to but the belts on ... amazing...

I don't think we all realize how lucky we are to have this List to ask
questions and listen to the others talk about the Basic's of Land Speed
Racing... this poor guy was absolutely Clueless...(notice I didn't say Dumb)
he built the car in a Vacuum and had really never Paid attention to what it
takes to actually run a car.. there are so many things that we take for
Granted that we Just Know as a result of our association with the sport...
Sure was fun to give the guy a hand...

Keith..... ( ain't this stuff Neat ) ( and Yes I thank each of you that gave
me the knowledge to help this guy out...)