Maxton

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:04:52 -0400
    Well guys we had a great meet last weekend. Lot's of varied vehicles.
Sunny weather, although not as much Maxton HP as April, but no head wind
anyway.
    I don't have any of the official speeds from the meet, but I believe
Greg Emert, on his Turboed Honda scooter, set top speed of the meet at 203
MPH.
    Will Handzel in Keith's Chebby went 183 MPH which I think was the top
car speed. Should be a neat article, and good press for ECTA and LSR.
Interesting how the low key entry gate impressed him.
    Tim Schoney busted his Bonneville class record at Maxton with his four
wheeled Honda. Now if he can gear it for a three mile run.

    John Beckett, LSR #79