Fwd: Diesel Trucks

To: JackFB1320@aol.com, JE832@aol.com
Subject: Fwd: Diesel Trucks
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:41:33 EDT
--part1_94.4861ffe.2655692d_boundary

From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Full-name: FastmetalBDF
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:25:46 EDT
Subject: Re: Diesel Trucks
To: dahlgren@uconect.net

           Dave,   I  read with interest your viewpoint on trucks racing at
Bonneville . They also appear to add some pollution to the atmosphere there,
leaving long black plumes of exhaust down the course .  I  have photos of
cars leaving the starting line area, and you can see the lingering, foul
cloud down the course from a previous
big rig run . I  have seen many, many big diesels running on nearby  I 80, on
all my
trips there,  and while some had dirty stack outputs,  none could compare with
the black streams pouring from most of the racing trucks .  Bonneville is
such an
awesome landscape of primeval beauty and nature at her finest that this trail
of
exhaust certainly doesn' t add anything to further this visual experience  .
      I have nothing against the big trucks, and find the ingenious
modifications to
make them faster quite interesting,  but it would be a positive if they could
clean up the exhausts on them .  The weight of these rigs will remain
constant, so it is up
to the sanctioning bodies to make the decisions regarding their competition
on
the salt,  and there are pro and con arguments on this topic  .  I  would not
like to see any class of racers eliminated,  and this is just two cents worth
from me .
      Many of the tow rigs are diesels, as they make great haulers and are
just an
everyday fact of life .  I think this subject could be quite controversial  .
                 Often times it is better to let sleeping dogs lie .
     Bruce

--part1_94.4861ffe.2655692d_boundary--