Re: talkabout radios

To: john robinson <john@engr.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: talkabout radios
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 15:39:51 -0700
CB hand helds are limited at best. Skip conditions AKA sun spots have a big
effect on transmitting. If you are stationary you can get a adapter to attach
to a mag mount antenna and it will help some.The other thing is I have a hand
held and use a small gel sell battery with a cigarette lighter plug   pig
tailed to it. Lasts all week at bonneville. The talk abouts are good for qne
mile at best.. Hope this helps.
Glen