salt flats

To: land-speed list <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: salt flats
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:33:56 -0700
List,
The salt looks pretty much dry at the present time.  The water along I-80
stretches at most maybe 50 yards to the north from the dirt fill road that
parallels the freeway over to the Salduro Loop.  Plenty of standing water
between the freeway lanes and the freeway and the railroad however.  I
didn't go onto the salt itself but cars that were coming back had very
little salt on the wheel well area and that indicates it is about as dry as
at the races last year.  With a very dry spring and the pumping project
ending on April 30 and some un-seasonably warm weather I would guess that
someone should be thinking about getting the drags going.  Has Gary Allen
contacted anyone from SCTA?
Wes