Roadsters

To: saltracer@netscape.net
Subject: Roadsters
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 06:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
I finally got a break in repairing plumbing,
replacing circuit breakers, and fixing a leak in
the roof.  I got to spend a couple of hours out
in the shop last night fiddling with the
roadster.  When I was down visiting Jimmy, he
took me over to the body shop to look at the
dragster.  The guy that does the body work was
out looking at my roadster (we stopped by as I
was leaving and it was on the trailer) and I
commented that it was beyond hope as far as body
work goes.  His answer was "no way" it could be
saved, it would just take a lot of work.  That
little comment spurred me on to get the roadster
looking a little better than I had planned.  I
figured I would leave it in primer forever, but
I'm now working on welding the pop-riveted repair
panels, and will try to at least splash a coat of
white paint on the body.   Last night I was
trimming panels with my die grinder.  In the
past, I had used discs from Harbor Freight or
Sears (out of conveneince), but this time I had a
pack of discs from the NAPA store.  I had always
figured a disc is a disc - - not so! These more
expensive discs cut a heck of a lot faster and
cleaner!  Anyhow, I'm getting my wife a digital
camera for her birthday and I will be able to
post some pictures of my car on line.  When that
time comes, I'm going to take up Jonathan Amo's
generous offer and have him stick me a web page
on his site. Progress is slower than I wanted, I
don't think this roadster will see a track this
year.  I was getting frustrated with the slow
progress and I was beginning to think about quick
fixes - which is not the way to go, so I just
decided to back off, take my time, and wait until
next year.  I envy you going to B-Ville this
year.  I'll be tracking your every move.  When I
get ready to have Jimmy finish the cage, I'll be
sure you're home this time so I can come by and
meet you, and hopefully "hear" your roadster run.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
.Hemis and Flatheads Forever.

http://invites.yahoo.com/