Huge Site Update

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Huge Site Update
From: Jonathan Amo <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 02:23:23 -0600
List,

I want to clue everybody in on some updates I have done on the site,
1. I have added a new style message board to the site, this includes
General topics, Tech Topics, Rules Topics, Wanted to Buy, Wanted to Sell
sections of the board. you can create your own topics as well in one of
those categories.
2. I have made the site easier to load, and faster to load by taking
away alot of the Java script that made up the site. This should make
browsing the site faster, and load times faster for the modem users.
3. Working on a couple people to write tech articles for the site, this
includes tech articles and more. Hopefully work out the details here in
the next week should be some great additions to the site. Also  trying
to get some people in as guest speakers for nitrous system setup and
configurations, and a company that does data logging for race vehicles.
4. Our contest voting is coming to an end, and I have already started a
new contest on the site "Name the Liner" Skip Higginbotham has let me do
a contest to have submissions of names, to name his streamliner. Winners
will receive a T-Shirt from landracing.com from one of its donators, a
Pro-Blend Tshirt, and $50 worth of Pro-Blend product if he picks your
submission for the name.
5. I have added the Bonneville video back to the site for Bonneville
'99. This can be found at
http://www.landracing.com/LandSpeedRacing/BONNEVILLE/Speedweek/Speedweek_99/speedweek_99.html

6. The online shopping cart program is in its final stages, some great
product coming plus you can purchase video of all the meets from
1993-current of Mark Brazeau's video. These video's are excellent. And
feature events of El Mirage, Muroc, and Speedweek and one tape titled
"Spin and Crash."
7. The new Team Amo website is in its final stages with a few more pages
to be finished and is now residing at http://www.landracing.com/teamamo
8. User pages are starting to come in by request, so if you dont have a
page yet, and want a 1 free page for your vehicle that I will build and
host get some pictures to me and info.
9. User sites on the site right now are as follows:
http://www.landracing.com/jacar
http://www.landracing.com/phase4
http://www.landracing.com/turborick
http://www.landracing.com/rickbusa
A few more are in the last stages of being prepared and finalized by
vehicle owners.
10. A new Performance Company page has been built.and resides at
http://www.landracing.com/Links/Business/Business_Links/business_links.html

11. I have secured by tickets to Muroc, so stay tuned to the site during
the event June 24-25th. ( I am flying "America Worst" again so please
pray that I get home ontime this time and no parts falling off of
planes")
12. I cannot make the June 11th  El Mirage meet, I would greatly
appreciate anyone with a camera to send me some photos of the event
Sunday or Monday? Any help is greatly appreciated, I have a previous
engagement in Reno that weekend.
13. We expect to see Jack in chat tomorrow night he had informed be that
Keiko has updated their computer to AOL (American's Out Landracing)
5.0. We are hoping this is some better racing fuel in that to get him on
the chat line tomorrow night.
14. Lastly Chat Tuesday night 7 pm Mountain time, Last week we saw alot
of new names in there, I hope to see more tonight.

There is more to come today for changes and adding material keep
checking the site at http://www.landracing.com

Thanks for everyone's great support in the site and my endeavors to
promote Land Speed Racing,
Jonathan Amo
www.landracing.com