" Ten pounds of Charcoal and check the oil, mate ....... "

To: IfixMGs@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: " Ten pounds of Charcoal and check the oil, mate ....... "
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 22:31:00 EDT
       Mark, List,  I think this comes under the heading of  Truth is
Stranger than Fiction :     During World War II ( The Big One ) there were
actually cars in European
countries, and Japan, too, that ran on CHARCOAL !!!   They had a curious
looking
burner and tank, for the gas fumes generated, mounted in the trunk area , and
they
proved that necessity is the mother of invention  ........ and got around the
petrol shortage .   I have seen them in some old newsreels of that era, and
in several
books,  and can only imagine how soggy those poor engines must have run  !
      Wonder what the octane rating of a charcoal briquet was ???   Any of our
European members here remember these conversions ....... or know any of the
technical details  ?    Malcolm  ....... I say, are you there ?    I know that
peat moss, from bogs, was burned in stoves in homes in the United Kingdom  .
      Anybody ever rig up a vehicle to run on that stuff ???     Bet that
would be
another flashing performer, with neck snapping acceleration  !!!
     There is an inventor here in the states that has rigged up his car to
run
on the left over COOKING  OIL  from  McDonald's and Burger Kings ........ it
ACTUALLY  RUNS on that nasty old fat !
      LOTSA  possibilities here for  LSR racing  :
Blown fuel briquet classes  ........ Production Peat Moss .........
      How  about a GR  class designation for cars burning old french fry
grease ???
Don' t  laugh ......  IF a certain  ( DELETED ) gets to be our next President
you will be lucky to race at all,  let alone with hi test gas or racing fuel
or  LPG .    REMEMBER,  It is on  HIS  record  :    He said that the  Internal
Combustion Engine is a  BIGGER THREAT  to  Mankind  than the  Hydrogen
Bomb  !!!     Make you wonder what' s in store for us down the road  ???
         ANYHOW ....... Malcolm, Arie ....... can you fill us in on those
dandy old
                                      CHARCOAL   BURNERS ???
   STRANGE,  how certain politicians aren' t  SAYING  or  DOING   ANYTHING
to help out the Average American on these gas prices  ..........
                 Bruce