ZAP' S NITRO DIGGER

To: americanpartner@yahoo.com, dahlgren@uconect.net, saltracer@awwwsome.com,
Subject: ZAP' S NITRO DIGGER
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 15:59:41 EDT
Subj:    question
Date:   6/2/00 8:59:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From:   David_Zappetini@email.msn.com (David Zappetini)
To: FastMetalBDF@aol.com (Bruce D Ferguson)

You just made a 4.89 sec. run in your top fuel dragster.One of the spark plug
sets has the electrodes burned off, indicating a lean condition. The print
out from the computer shows 1156 degrees, showing a rich condition.
What is the tune up?
The atomized fuel burned easily showing the lean side, the large volume of
fuel that did not  burn put the fire out.The only way to tune up for the next
run , without changing the fuel system, is to change the compression in that
one cylinder.
The story now is , how much does the compression change in your top fuel
motor since it takes about 56 gallons a minute to go over 300 mph?
At idle,260 pounds of fuel pressure, you pull the trigger, the unburned
liquid in the cylinders takes up space and raises the rating to 24 to 1.
Thank you for the E mail, it is a lot of fun.
Darryl sent me a picture and sound recording of the Black Radon Machine. I
hope he will start testing soon, if he will stop work long enough to get it
done.
We are testing our car now with a new driver.The partner I have who owns the
motor does not know what he is doing, so the testing has not gone well. i.e.
he blew up three heads , 1 block, 1 crank, 3 rods, all bearings. He blames it
on driver error.
See you at the races.