Re: MSD Ignition Tech

To: "george mitchell" <americanpartnerinrussia@erols.com>,
Subject: Re: MSD Ignition Tech
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 15:38:57 -0500
Okay.... NOT THAT THE BOOK SAYS THIS..... But don't Hook up the Green and
Violet wires to the 7al as well as to the Three step Retard.....Cause when
you hook up the retard to the Points side it's got two sources of Power and
it simply cancels them both....  ( this was a case of Not Reading into the
problem... sitting back and saying Okay what's happening here... what are
each of the components Job?   Then you say... Hmmm Why does this thing have
Two sets of Timing controls?   Hmmm  Take one off and away you go...

This Retard is a WAY cool deal once you sort it out... Want to See SPOT on
Timing.... I mean the Crank Trigger and the Distributor ( correctly Phased
of course ) give me a Timing Mark that doesn't vary the First Bit.... It's
Absolutely Solid as a Rock....

Thanks for all the suggestions... Amazing assest this List....

Keith ( Okay I finally Lost it )