Re: ignition on flathead

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: ignition on flathead
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:18:29 -0400
If you really want these features cna't you do the following granted it
is a little tedious.. It worked a real long time ago.. The retard is a
dual point distributor. With one set of points switched in and out..(the
trailing set). When you switch the trailing set out the timing will be
advanced compared to the timing with both sets working. I hope toggle
switches are legal. Could aways use a knife switch I suppose if there is
a problem. The rev limiter is a matter of setting the spring on the
poits to a value that the points will float at the desired RPM. I would
use a distributor machine for this unless they require live testing in
the vintage classes.. Do they make you hand crank the car at the line
too ??? or can you use one of those high tech 6 volt starters i assume
12 volt batteries are illegel also.  What is the cutoff date for
technology that can be used???
Dahlgren