Re: New Category "Muscle Cars"

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: New Category "Muscle Cars"
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 05:36:35 -0400
Man you just have to love the special construction categories don't
you.. none of this nonsense... For all these car classes you really
gotta love them.  This is all starting to sound so legal and tough to
police that it is beyond all belief. I have to ask though why?? The real
key to the electronics is the ability to make a lot of power through the
whole rpm range. If you are only concerned with a couple thousand rpm
that is maxed out then it is not nearly as much an issue. In many cases
a middle of the road electronics car will make less power than a car
with a tunnel ram and carb...Why is everyone so afraid of them ??? Why
don't just run one if you think they are better. At some point this is
going to get to having a class for every conceivable car.. 34 ford
blown,unblown,gas , fuel,electronic,chopped,full body..etc then the same
for 35 ford....My humble opinion tells me that everyone wants a record
and they want one with the car they own right now and the easiest way to
get one is have a class made that fits their car perfectly and no one
else has a car that will run in that class...Maybe it would be easier to
have a class that is just 'Dave's car' and no other car/driver can run
in that class because they don't have "dave's car" Geez let's go racing,
what ever happened to competition?? I would be very curious to get the
info that would tell me how many cars run each class at a given meet and
annually. That might be a better indication as to how many new classes
are needed. Seems to me that currently most classes only have one or two
cars in them now. they are almost a personal car class at this point.
Dahlgren